Delicious Halibut Recipe Will Melt In Your Mouth!
This incredible Halibut recipe is award winning! Impress guests and family with this melt in your mouth fish recipe! Not a fan of Halibut? This recipe can easily be replaced with Salmon too.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
Total time: 30-45 hour
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 Filets Halibut
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 6 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Dehydrated Potato Flakes
- 4 Tbls Lemon Juice
- A Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Vigorously beat the egg yolks with salt and pepper in a large shallow dish.
- Add in the potato flakes.
- Season the filets with salt and pepper, on one side only.
- Carefully dip the salt and peppered side of your halibut filet in the egg wash. Gently press down potato mixture on top of the filet to make sure they adhere. Crust side down, set the filet aside, and continue the dipping process.
- Pour a decent amount of olive oil down in a large skillet. Arrange the filets, crust side down in the pan.
- Over medium - high heat, cook halibut filets for approximately 3 minutes. The crust should turn a nice golden color. If it is not, turn up the heat a little bit and continue until the desired color is reached.
- Once color is golden, season with a bit more salt and pepper and flip the fish over. Cook for one more minute. Remove from heat, but leave halibut filets in hot pan for one more minute.
- Deglaze the pan with your lemon juice, being very careful not to pour juice directly on the fish. This will revert the nice crisp you just gave to your fish.
- Swirl juice around in pan to give the fish a light lemon flavor. Remove from pan, place over a bed of pasta tossed with lemon, olive oil, garlic, parsley and butter. Serve hot!