Forget pizza delivery, make this healthy, low calorie, low fat pizza at home. A perfect combo of sliced meat, aged cheese, and arugula for the meat and veggie lovers.
Delicious Italian style (thin crust) pizza that everyone will love and is fast and easy to make. The combination of ingredients is savory, yet light. Salty prosciutto, creamy aged Parmesan, bitter arugula, sweet tomato sauce, and perfectly toasted pizza dough. This dish is great as an appetizer (very presentable) or a main dish to accompany a light salad or soup. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 30 min
Yield: 12 pieces
Calories per serving: 87.2
Fat per serving: 4.4 g
- 1 package Pizza Dough (Trader Joe's or Fresh N' Easy)
- 0.5 cup Marinara Sauce
- 0.5 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 6 ounces Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
- 1 bunch Baby Arugula
- 3 ounces (12 tomatoes) Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- 0.5 cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- A Pinch Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grab 1/3 of the pizza dough and stretch it out or roll out with a rolling pin as thinly as possible on a floured work surface. 9-12 inch diameter is a good size. Then place on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil lightly and sprinkle lightly with salt. Spread marinara sauce across the pizza dough with a spoon (will only be a thin layer to keep the pizza light). Then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly across the pizza dough (again, it won't be a lot).
- Cut 8-12 tomatoes in half and place them evenly across the pizza.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately lay sliced prosciutto over hot pizza. I like to cut the sliced prosciutto into thirds so it is easier to slice the pizza and eat later.
- Just before serving, sprinkle on arugula and Parmesan shavings.
- Cut into wedges or squares and serve immediately!