Brussel Sprouts will no longer be the "green things" that make your kids cringe. They will be asking for seconds with this dish.
Try these delicious Brussel Sprouts made with lemon, garlic, and capers! Everyone is guaranteed to love them!
Brussel sprouts are a very nutritional vegetable that is overlooked by most. The fiber benefits of Brussel sprouts are excellent for managing Cholesterol. The fiber also aids in digestion, maintaining low blood sugar, and regularity. An abundance of antioxidants are found in Brussel sprouts. They are rich in Vitamin A, C, and E, as well as manganese, which is hard to find in other fruits and vegetables. In addition, the Glucobrassicin found in Brussel sprouts have been shown to fight again and even prevent various types of cancer.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25-30 min
Total time: 40-45 min
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts, Trimmed and Halved
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Freshly Chopped Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- A pinch Salt and Pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- First cut all your Brussel Sprouts in half. Rinse, and remove any brown or wilted leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels Sprouts, olive oil, finely chopped garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Throw your Brussels sprouts to a parchment-lined baking pan and roast until fork-tender and browned, which typically takes about about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer your Brussels Sprouts to a large serving dish and drizzle them with lemon juice, then dash with a little lemon zest, your chopped parsley, capers, and some additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve hot.