Summer brings out the sun, so cool down with this light, sweet n' salty salad.
This is a great recipe for summer! The fresh strawberries and light feta make soaking up that sunshine so much better! And the vinaigrette emulsion is the perfect addition! Let's not forget, this is a healthy one too! This summer salad is one your guests are sure to love, and be prepared, the kids can't keep their fingers out either!
Prep time: 30 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 cup Silvered Almonds
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Rasberry Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 pint Sliced Strawberries
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. The almonds can burn very easily, so keep a close eye on them! Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the light dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Whisk until everything is mixed together well.
- Add a bit more balsamic if you like your dressings tart, or a bit more honey and brown sugar if you prefer them on the sweeter side.
- In another large bowl, throw together the warm almonds you just toasted, chopped romaine lettuce, sliced strawberries, and feta cheese. Lastly, coat the salad with the dressing mixture, and toss.
- Serve your salad immediately, or cover it and throw it in the fridge for later!